Current Size: 100%
Fizz, Boom, Read: Magnets
Who doesn't like playing with magnets? And there's plenty to do with them besides stick them to your refrigerator. Magnets make for great observational experiments for kids and they're easy to find and play with. Just keep them away from your credit cards! Grab some magnets off the fridge or buy some at a craft or grocery store and try some of these activities and check out the books below:
- Test whether different items are magnetic
- Make paperclips float (this site has lots of great activities and ideas but some, like the electromagnet activities, are definitely more suitable for older kids and need adult supervision)
- A whole bunch of different simple games using magnets
- How do magnets work, anyhow?
- Is your breakfast cereal magnetic?
- You can buy magnetic fishing games or make your own