Current Size: 100%
Pay a Library Charge
How do I pay an overdue fine?
You can pay overdue fines at any of our four locations or at any other Old Colony Library Network member library. Staff can only accept cash and checks made out to Thomas Crane Public Library. For amounts of $5 or more, you can also pay online using a credit card.
Paying online with a credit card
(American Express, Discover, MasterCard & Visa)
To pay with a credit card, log into your library account. Select Fines/Current Fines and follow the on-screen prompts. A $0.50 convenience fee will be added to credit card transactions.
Online payment is immediate. If you have been blocked from placing holds or renewing items because of outstanding charges, paying them online will immediately resolve your account charges and allow full library privileges.
How much are library overdue fines?
|Item||Daily Fine||Maximum Fine|
|All adult, young adult & ILL materials||20¢||$3|
|All children's materials||5¢||$2|
How do I pay for a lost or damaged item?
If you have lost or damaged a Thomas Crane Public Library item, you can either:
- Pay the replacement cost by cash or check at any of our four locations or online by credit card OR
- Provide an exact replacement copy of the item that is new or like-new. The replacement copy must be the same edition as the lost or damaged item (for example, a lost hardcover must be replaced with a hardcover edition) and may not be an ex-library copy discarded from another library. Replacement copies must be seen and approved by a librarian before being accepted in lieu of payment.
If you have lost or damaged an item owned by another library, please speak with a librarian.
Are there other library charges?
Yes, there are several other reasons you may have to pay a library charge. These charges include:
- $1 to replace a lost library card
- First class postage for all mailed notices (to avoid this charge, sign up for email notification at any library location)
- $7 to replace a lost tape or CD from an audiobook
- $0.50 each time you use the online catalog to pay a charge with a credit card
If you have any questions, please email or call 617-376-1301.