Looking for something fun for kids and close to home this week? We've got plenty going on during this school vacation!
You can find musicals, storytimes, shipwrecks, lego and more at the Main Library and branches this week. No registration required for any of these programs!
- LEGO Building - Wollaston Branch Library, Wednesday the 22nd any time from 1:00 p.m. to 8:45 p.m and Thursday the 23rd any time from 9:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Drop in any time during open hours at the Wollaston Branch and dig in the LEGO bins to build anything you want. Just dump them back in the bins when you're done! Parents, please be aware these are regular LEGO blocks, not DUPLO, and are not appropriate for younger children.
- Camp Frozen Story Concert - Main Library Meeting Room, Wednesday the 22nd at 10:00 a.m. Join 4th and 5th grade students from Beechwood Knoll School as they perform a concert production of their original play "Camp Frozen", the tale of a winter weekend gone terribly wrong that includes favorite songs from Frozen. All ages welcome.
- Shipwreck Detectives with Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary - Main Library Atrium, Thursday the 23rd from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Come explore the ocean floor and uncover the maritime secrets just off our shores. Become and ocean archeologist, map a shipwreck, try on SCUBA diving gear, learn about the fish and marine life that inhabit the Sanctuary, or listen to a story. Come for the full session, or stop in and try an activity or listen to a story. This program is for all ages; families welcome. Take a look below for a video about this program!
- Reading Aloud to Children Workshop IN MANDARIN - Main Library Meeting Room, Friday the 24th at 10:00 a.m. Yu Fan Liu a child development gradute student at Tufts University and intern at the Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center, Family Services department will present a workshop on the importance of reading alound to very young children with tips on how to do it well. This program will be presented entirely in Mandarin Chinese and is intended for adults but your child may attend with you.
- Saturday Storytime at North Quincy - North Quincy Branch Library, Saturday the 25th at 10:00 a.m. Join Children's Librarian Cathy deVeer for a family storytime full of spring stories about butterflies. This program is intended for children ages 2-5 years old and their families.
We hope we'll see you this week for some of our spring vacation fun!