Current Size: 100%
Computers & Internet
What You Can Do On Our Computers:
|Browse the Internet
Work on school projects
Listen to music
Play games online
Public Use Computers
- 8 open use computers for children in pre-K through 7th grade for homework and recreation.
- 4 library catalog computers for children and adult caregivers to look up items in the library catalog.
- 2 AWE Early Literacy Stations
A self-contained educational computer for children ages 2-8. This touch-screen workstation has early literacy educational games and activities already loaded on it, ready to play and learn with in the Children's Room.
Computer Use Guidelines
- All computers in the Children's Room with Internet access are filtered to reduce access to materials harmful to minors. Children and their caregivers who do not find what they need are encouraged to ask a librarian for help. Unfiltered access is available upon request.
- All computers in the Children's Room except for the Catalog Computers are restricted to use by children up through 7th grade. Children ages 5 and up must bring in their own valid library card to log onto a computer.
- Children who are too young to get their own library cards may be logged on by a librarian at a parent or caregiver's request.
- All children are given one hour of computer time per day. Additional time for homework use may be given by librarians if no one is waiting for a computer.
- There is a black and white printer available for children to use in the Children's Room. Printing costs are 15¢ per page for black and white, 40¢ per page for color.
- The computers in the Children's Room do not have speakers. Regular headphones may be used for sound on these computers. Children may bring their own or purchase a set of earbuds at the desk for $1.50.
The Internet and the Web are a vast network of interconnected links. Following links can lead in unexpected directions. In accordance with the library's Statement on Children and the Internet, it is the responsibility of each child's parent or legal guardian to monitor their Internet use.