Current Size: 100%
Kids who enjoy books will want to learn how to read.
Literacy starts early with the simplest of activities so check out these links to games and resources for young children.
- NEW! Encyclopaedia Britannica Learning Zone
Educational and entertaining activities and information for young children from Encyclopaedia Britannica.
- NEW! AWE Early Literacy Station.
A self-contained educational computer for children ages 2-8. This station has early literacy educational games and activities already loaded on it, ready to play and learn with in the Children's Room.
- Mama Lisa's World of Children's Music and International Culture - Rhymes and songs in different languages and information about many countries and cultures.
- STAR Early Literacy Activities - Online games and activities that will support early literacy skills for children.
- Story It - Alphabet activities, games and resources.
- First School - Literacy activities and resources for preschoolers.
- Reading Rockets - Literacy resources for parents, teachers and kids of all ages.
- I Know That - Educational language games for kids.
- Red Fish Soup - Games and activities that are fun and recreational. Great for pre-literate toddlers!
- Ziggity Zoom - Games and stories encouraging creativity and early learning skills.
- Games and activities with popular children's characters: