Current Size: 100%
Want something fun to do online?
Check out these games, activities and other websites:
- Learn about Ancient Egypt at Discovering Ancient Egypt.
- Try out some Egypt-themed games and word searches.
- Find out about Ancient Egyptian science and technology at the Museum of Science.
- Try some train-themed crafts and activities from the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum.
- Play some train games from Trains4Kids Magazine.
- Get some gardening tips from Gardening With Children.
- Dig up fossils and learn about dinosaurs on Nick Jr's Dino Dig game.
- Get dinosaur crafts and facts at the Dinosaurs Gallery.
- Play and build online with LEGO games.
- Explore with Dora's Ride-Along City Adventure.
- Get ideas for construction-themed crafts.
- Check out some building activity ideas.
- Hear stories told by actors and actresses.
- Make your own online stories at Storybird.
- Try deciphering the message from City of Ember.
And if you're coming into the library to find some books or attend a program, take a look at the two AWE stations in the Children's Room. These two computers have been designed specifically for children - even very young children - to play and learn on. They have fun and educational games and activities already loaded and can be played on with the keyboard, mouse or even the touchscreen.
Did you know some local businesses and organizations give prizes for reading over the summer? Take a look!
- Rockland Trust's Reading Makes Cent$ program (Program begins at the end of June - check back for a link).
- Dependable Cleaners' Read to Ride program
- Barnes & Noble's free book program
- Mass Teachers Association Red Sox Reading program