Current Size: 100%
Friends of the Thomas Crane Public Library
Click to find the
Friends on Facebook
Fall 2016 Newsletter
Find out about Friends Happenings in the latest newsletter!
The Friends of the Thomas Crane Public Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to raising money to pay for public programs, and raising awareness of the library's vital role in the educational and cultural life of Quincy.
The Thomas Crane Library has long relied on the generosity of its volunteers and benefactors, but few libraries are able to offer its Friends the varied opportunities that exist here for making a contribution of time, money, or expertise.
Proceeds from Friends fundraisers pay for passes to area museums and zoos, as well as an array of programs for all ages, such as storytellers and concerts.
- Support for Library Programs: Proceeds from Friends membership dues and the Crane Library Bookstore fund discounted passes to area museum and zoos, as well as an array of programs for children, teens and adults, including storytellers, concerts, lectures, and movies.
- The Crane Library Bookstore: Almost new books, audiobooks, DVDs and CDs donated to the Friends are sold at substantial savings to the public at the Friends' volunteer-run bookstore, located on the ground floor of the Richardson building with an entrance from Spear Street behind the library. The bookstore is open on Thursday from 6-8 and Saturday from 10-4.
- Friends Newsletter: Our newsletter, Happenings, provides information to members about Friends activities and library events.
- Friends Newsletter: As a Friend, you will receive (in the mail) our newsletter about Friends activities and library events.
- Special Events: Members are invited to special events for Friends and their guests.
- Community Involvement: Your support as a Friend insures that the library will continue to play an important role in the life of our city.
To join the Friends of the Thomas Crane Public Library, simply complete a membership application and send in your dues. Even if you are not able to volunteer your time, your membership dues help us help the Library.
Membership Categories and Dues
(Membership year from January 1 to December 31)
At this time, we are not able to accept dues or donations online, so please print and complete a Membership Form and mail with your contribution to: Friends of the TCPL, 40 Washington St., Quincy MA 02169.
Frequently a member of the Friends wishes to acknowledge a special occasion or honor a deceased loved one or friend. If you wish to honor someone in this manner, please print and complete a Remembrance Donation Form and mail to the Friends with your donation.
If you have a question about the Friends or would like to volunteer, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the library office at 617-376-1312.