Current Size: 100%
|"While working with you I learned more from your story of struggle and success than I ever learned from reading a book. You are my inspiration."
Literacy Volunteer Orientation
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN 2 LIVES. Literacy Volunteers of MA/Quincy provides free, one-on-one tutoring in basic reading and writing to adults on the South Shore. Come to this orientation session and find out if the program is compatible with your skills and interests and whether you want to make this volunteer commitment.
- QATV Interview with Mary Diggle
- When: Winter 2017, Thursday, Jan.12th or Tuesday, Jan.24th from 10:00 am to 12:00
- Where: In the Community Room on the ground floor near the cafe
- For more information, please contact Mary at the email address below.
Questions please call 617-376-1314 or email us at email@example.com
Computer Tutors for LVM Students or Tutors
- If you are a literacy student or tutor that has never been on a computer, then this is the right opportunity for you. This 3-month tutoring will cover using the mouse, practicing your typing skills, searching the internet, sending and receiving emails and downloading and sending attachments. Each session will be about practicing the skills learned in the prior meeting and learning just a little bit more each time.
- When: At a convenient time for you and the tutor
- Where: Thomas Crane Public Library in a study room
Please fill-out a survey form located on the little table in front of the Literacy Office door and leave the filled-out form under the door or call the Literacy Office at (617)376-1314 to register for a tutor.
Let's Talk, Tutor Potluck
- Tutors (new and seasoned) are invited to come and meet all the other tutors in the Literacy Program and together share the joys of tutoring. Please bring your favorite dish.
- When: Monday, January 23rd from 6:00 to 8:00 pm in the Community Room on the ground floor near the cafe.
- These potlucks are being offered for current Literacy Volunteers.
Please call the Literacy Office at (617)376-1314 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the potluck.
Mini-phonic Training for Tutors
- Join us for three 3-hour workshops that will train tutors how to follow a step-by-step phonics reading program. Participants will have the opportunity to practice sample phonic lessons, practice activities to understand the steps and finally develop their own lesson plan. You must be a Literacy Volunteer to attend this training.
- When: To be determined by group/sometime in March 2017
- Where: The Literacy Office on the 2nd floor
- Who: Presented by Mary Diggle, LVM Program Manager
Please call the Literacy Office at (617)376-1314 or email us at email@example.com to register.
Literacy Recognition Ceremony 2016-2017
- Please join us for this special time of year when the Literacy Program comes together to celebrate the hard work and dedication of our amazing students and tutors.
- When: Thursday, May 11th from 5:30 to 8:00 pm
- Where: Thomas Crane Public Library in the Community Room (next to the cafe in the atrium)
- Food: Dinner and desserts