Current Size: 100%
Learn about how to become a citizen of the United States.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
The site to get information and forms. USCIS is the government agency that oversees all lawful immigration to the United States.
- 10 Steps to Naturalization
New Americans can look here to learn the steps to naturalization.
- Forms and Fees
This gives users a concise break down of fees, fee waivers, forms, and application processing time. The most important form is the N-400, the application for naturalization.
- Study Materials for English Test
The English test has three components: reading, writing, and speaking. Your ability to speak English will be determined by a USCIS Officer during your eligibility interview on Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. For the reading portion, you must read one out of three sentences correctly. For the writing test, you must write one out of three sentences correctly.
- Study Materials For Civics Test
There are 100 civics questions on the naturalization test. During the naturalization interview, applicants will be asked up to 10 questions from the list of 100 questions in English. You must answer correctly six (6) of the 10 questions to pass the civics test in English.
- Links to Citizenship Information
From the Jones Library in Amherst, MA. This page has helpful information about becoming a citizen.
- How to Apply for a Family-Based Green Card
- How to Apply for U.S. Citizenship
- Tips on the naturalization interview
- Tips on studying for the citizenship test
- NOLO's Tips
Regarding the process of naturalization