519 Sea Street
Quincy, MA 02169
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 
Partially accessible / Free parking
Branch Librarian: Lori Seegraber
|1-9 p.m.||1-5 p.m.||1-5 p.m.||1-5 p.m.||CLOSED|
The Adams Shore Branch has designated handicapped parking spaces in the library parking lot and automatic door openers. The building is accessible to users with mobility impairments but has no accessible bathrooms.
Drop-in morning storytimes for young children are offered from October to December and from February to May. For more information, check the Storytimes  page or our Calendar of Events , or call 617-376-1325.
The Adams Shore Branch Library was formally dedicated by Mayor McIntyre on April 10, 1970. The building, designed by Coletti Brothers, Architects of Hingham, Mass., was erected in 1969 by Waltham Building Construction Company.
The front of the building is a cylindrical mass of glass which, in combination with interior wooden beams, suggests a ship's wheel. The back of the building fans out from the circular structure to house a program room and other facilities. The building site is at the intersection of Sea and Palmer Streets, positioned to serve Houghs Neck, Germantown, Adams Shore and Merrymount.
The building was financed through a municipal bond, a federal grant, and City appropriations. Total expenditure for the branch library was around $600,000, which included a $75,000 federal reimbursement grant and $20,000 in urban beautification funds for landscaping.
Henry E. Bates was Director of Libraries during the initial planning of the branch, and Warren E. Watson was Directer during the building and opening of the branch. Ms. Betty Santangelo was the acting branch librarian and Mrs. Blanche Eckert was the children's librarian when the branch opened.