Databases (In-Library Use Only)
|||Fold3 Library Edition 
* Trial database - active until 10/15/15; access funded by the Thomas Crane Public Library
Fold3 provides convenient access to US military records, including the stories, photos, and personal documents of the men and women who served.
|||Ancestry Library Edition 
A wealth of information with over 4,000 databases and four billion names, and includes census data, maps, military, immigration, DAR records, slave stories, and more
|||New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) 
The Thomas Crane Public Library's institutional NEHGS membership provides access to over 2,200 databases on the NEHGS Web site.The most popular databases include Massachusetts Vital Records (1841-1910), the New England Historical & Genealogical Register (1847-1994), cemetery transcripts and the Social Security Death Index.
- City of Quincy List of Adult Inhabitants (formerly Assessment of a Poll Tax), 1909 - date
- Quincy Annual Reports, 1889 - date
- Quincy City Directory, 1882 - 1967
- Sprague Collection: Genealogies of the Families of Braintree, Mass. (microfilm), 1640 - 1850
- South Suburban Blue Book, 1964 - date
- Massachusetts Soldiers and Sailors of the Revolutionary and Civil War
- Vital Records to 1850 for most Massachusetts towns
- Massachusetts Regimental histories
- New England Historical and Genealogical Register
- Mayflower Descendant
- Patriot Ledger (newspaper), 1837 - date
- Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet 
A comprehensive, categorized & cross-referenced list of links that point you to genealogical research sites online.
- Ellis Island Port of New York Passenger Record Search 
Search the 25 million archival records and over 900 ships of passage pictures in the Ellis Island Archives.
- Fold3 
Provides convenient access to US military records, including the stories, photos, and personal documents of the men and women who served. Although full access is not free, users can access some materials for free .
- FamilySearch 
Free genealogy resources from around the world. Provided by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
- Find a Grave 
Search 132 million grave records, including those of celebrities. May include photos.
- Massachusetts Cemetery Directory 
A database of cemeteries by county and town that provides locations and map links.
- National Archives and Records Administration Genealogy Page 
Finding aids to a variety of federal documents, including census, military, immigration, naturalization and land records.
- Researching Your Family's History at the Massachusetts Archives 
Information about state records, including census, military and judicial records, passenger lists, and more. Search the Archives Vital Records .
- RootsWeb Genealogical Data Cooperative 
Connect to people and share genealogical research. Features specialized mailing lists and community message boards.
- Social Security Death Index
Access is available through Family Search from 1962- 2014, or, all years, through the library's subscriptions to Ancestry.com and the New England Historical Genealogical Society's American Ancestors database.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Nationwide Gravesite Locator 
Search for the records of veterans buried at 120 national cemeteries since the Civil War.
- The USGenWeb Project 
Links to free genealogy websites by state and county.