How do I pay an overdue fine?
You can pay your overdue fines at any of our four locations, or at any OCLN library. We only accept cash and checks.
How much are library overdue fines?
|Item||Daily Fine||Maximum Fine|
|Adult & Young Adult books
CDs and audiobooks
Virtual Catalog & ILL materials
|DVDs and videos||$2.00||$6.00|
(books, CDs, magazines, audiobooks)
|Children's DVDs and videos||$1.00||$5.00|
How do I pay for a lost or damaged item?
If you have lost or damaged a Thomas Crane Public Libary item, you can either
- Pay the replacement cost at any of our four locations OR
- Provide a replacement copy of the item. The copy must be the same as the lost or damaged item.
If you have lost or damaged an item owned by another library, please speak with a librarian.
Are there other library charges?
Yes, there are several other reasons you may have to pay a library charge. These charges include:
- $1.00 to replace a lost library card
- First class postage for all mailed notices (to avoid this charge, sign up for email notification at any library location)
- $7.00 to replace a lost tape or CD from an audiobook
If you have any questions, please send email  or call 617-376-1301.