Welcome to your library!
We strive to provide facilities that are clean, comfortable, safe and friendly places for all ages. Please help us to make visiting the library an enjoyable experience for everyone.
- Respect the right of all library users to read and study
- Be courteous to others by not talking on your cell phone, except in the Main Library atrium area
- Refrain from consuming food and unlidded drinks, except in the Main Library atrium area
- Safeguard your valuables and do not leave personal property unattended
- Supervise the activities and behavior of your young children
For your protection, surveillance cameras are in use at the Main Library. Those in violation of the library's Appropriate Library Use Policy  may be asked to leave library premises.
Keeping Kids Safe
While we strive to create a safe environment for children, the library is a public building, and as such it can be a dangerous place for children left unattended. Library staff are not responsible for supervising children and cannot know if children are leaving the building with parents or with strangers. Young children unattended at closing time could be left alone just a few feet from a busy street.
Parents and caregivers are responsible for monitoring their children as follows:
- Children aged 4 and under must always be closely supervised (within sight) by a responsible adult or child aged 14 or older.
- Children between the ages of 5 and 9 must be directly supervised (in the same room or area of the library) by a responsible adult or child aged 14 or older. Caregivers must remain in the building while a child is attending a library program.
- Children aged 10 and older left unattended must be mature enough to follow the library's Appropriate Library Use Policy .
For more details, please see our Safe Child Policy .