- Starfall Education : practice letter sounds, listen to the sounds, read and listen to simple stories, practice your reading skills
- Foniks : learn how to read, write, spell and speak English with phonics and instant sound
- Stories by Stories Phonic Lessons : stories that are part of a contextual phonics program
- Reading Bear : Reading Bear is a fun way to learn to read. It teaches over 1,200 vocabulary items. Fifty presentations cover all the main phonics rules. All free and nonprofit!
- ABCya! : Games and activities include: alphabetical order, upper-case and lower-case letters, counting numbers, connect the dots, numerical order, shapes, addition, e-storybooks and holiday games.
- Between the Lions : This early literacy site is a tie-in for the award-winning PBS television program. Appealing characters, terrific songs and fun games combine to offer great on-line experiences.
Read Along Stories
- The Learning Edge : an online talking newspaper for adult literacy students
- News for You : talking newspaper written for adult new readers with lesson plan suggestions for tutors
- Marshall Reading Skills for Today's Adult : health and wellness stories that help adults become better readers and more informed consumers, parents, employees, citizens and community members
- Voice of America, Learning English Newsletter : This website provides current news stories at level one, two or three. Along with the story you can watch the video that goes with it and listen to the read-a-long audio that follows at a reasonable pace. You can subscribe to the website for free.
- ESL America.US : The English language website where everything has sound. This website covers the following topics; conversation, dictation, grammar, holidays, life skills, pronunciation, reading, vocabulary and writing.
- U.S.A. Learns : A site for adults to improve English speaking, pronunciation, listening, reading, spelling, writing and grammar.
- MIRA  (Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition): This section provides links and resources for the foreign-born on citizenship, healthcare, legal services, and more.
- Adult Education & Training in MA : Here you'll find information on schools and programs that offer continuing education, training, apprenticeship, and more.
- Test Prep Review : practice tests in many areas, including CDL and GED.
- SABES : Massachusetts hotline information about adult education classes
- MABIDA : The Massachusetts Branch of the International Dyslexia Association (MABIDA) is where you can learn more about dyslexia and related learning disabilities through a variety of resources-- suggested reading and other recommended web sites.
- Testing & Education Reference Center : Over 300 practice tests and courses for popular exams including GED, SAT, GMATand NCLEX.
High School Equivalency Test
- MA GED Connection : Anyone living in Massachusetts has free access to 90 online/anytime educational videos that include GED, Pre-GED, and Workplace Essential Skills.
- GED Test Preparation :offers a bunch of review videos broken out by section for the GED test. The math in particular is very helpful.
- The HiSET Program : Get information about the new high school equivalency exam.
- Vocabulary.com:  offers a way to improve your vocabulary. It combines an adaptive learning system (The Challenge) with the world’s fastest dictionary (The Dictionary) so that you can learn new vocabulary words.
- GFCLearn Free Reading Program : a program that is designed to help adults at all levels to become better readers
- Dictations : free interactive listening exercises to learn English
- Education.com : early reader games, activities and worksheets
- Mousing Around  This tutorial will help you learn to use a mouse to interact with a computer.
- Connect-the-Dots  A fun way to practice your mousing skills!
- Learn to Search the Web  A self-paced tutorial in four lessons from SeniorNet.
- Surf the Web  Includes Web-at-a-Glance , which introduces Web basics in a 10-minute tutorial.
- In Pictures  Free computer tutorials based on pictures, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Access), OpenOffice, Dreamweaver, PhotoShop, and more.
- WebTutorials : online help learning the computer
- Neela's Tech Tools  Here are some fun and useful tools for learning computer literacy.
- GCF Learn Free  Free tutorials if you are new to the computer, returning for review, or want to enhance your skills. Free on-line classes for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Resources for Accessible Learning Materials
- National Center on Acessible Instructional Material : In order to support educators who may be interested in learning more about accessible computer applications, assessments, documents, e-book readers, e-learning systems, meeting software, multimedia, survey tools, and the web, they have begun developing a resources page that will grow richer over time.
- DIAGRAM Center :The DIAGRAM Center has been established by the US Department of Education (Office of Special Education Programs) to make it easier, faster, and more cost effective to create and use accessible images so that students with print disabilities have timely access to the information they need.
- Over 300 practice tests and courses for popular exams inlcuding GED, SAT, GMAT & NCLEX
- Citizenship Resource Center : Educational tools and information for citizenship preparation
Free Practice Tests
- Free MA RMV Permit Practice Tests : Massachusetts driver's license handbooks and practice exams for cars, motorcycles, and commercial licenses.