Concerts @the Crane
Here is the upcoming schedule for our 2017 Winter/Spring concert series. Each concert will be on a Sunday, starting at 3:00 p.m. in the historic Richardson room at the Main Library.
- January 22: Robert Simonds  - solo violin recital of pieces from the Baroque era, living American composers and American folk music
- January 29: Jerome Mouffe  - solo guitar featuring personal transcriptions of Isaac Albéniz and 19th century Italian composers
- February 5: The Craft String Quintet 
- February 12: Steve Brew  - With performances across the Midwest, East Cost, and Spain, Guitarist Stephen Brew has effectively established himself as a performer of incredible ability. His program consists of works from Africa, Ireland, and Serbia, along with unique arrangements of American jazz standards.
- February 26: The Brad Ellenberg Quintet  - original music and jazz standards
- March 5: Austin Burns & Jonas Kublickas  - classical voice and guitar
- March 12: Áine Minogue  - solo Celtic harp
- March 26: Felix and the Jazz Cats  - a four piece instrumental jazz band who play music from the 60s similar to Herbie Hancock and Wes Montgomery
2017 Concert Memories
Here are the artists we have already enjoyed this season:
- January 8: Kate Kayaian  - solo cello sonatas
2016 Summer Concerts on the Lawn
Last summer we had some great concerts out on the lawn - remember these?
- July 7: The Lenny Solomon Band
- July 14: Peter Kilpatrick
- July 21: Boston Road
- July 28: Paul Agnew with the John Capavella Quintet 
More Music From Library Performers
Look here for a list of CDs and concert DVDs  of artists who have performed at the Crane. Borrow them from the library and relive a performance you enjoyed or catch one that you missed!
Interviews with Library Performers
Often musicians who play at the library stop by before hand, talk about their music, and even play a little sample.