Concerts @the Crane
Here is the upcoming schedule for our 2017 Winter/Spring concert series. Each concert will be on a Sunday, starting at 3:00 p.m. in the historic Richardson room at the Main Library.
- February 26: Portrait in Jazz / The Brad Ellenberg Quintet  A dynamic, original jazz band featuring Gary Bohan: trumpet/flugelhorn, Mario Cerra, Saxophone, Bob Abruzese: bass, Grant Smith: drums and Brad Ellenberg: guitar. This band is committed to creating exciting and meaningful original jazz music with over fifty originals in their book. For this concert they will perform a mix of original music and time honored jazz classics.
- March 5: Austin Burns & Jonas Kublickas  - classical voice and guitar
- March 12: Áine Minogue  - solo Celtic harp
- March 26: Felix and the Jazz Cats  - a four piece instrumental jazz band who play music from the 60s similar to Herbie Hancock and Wes Montgomery
2017 Concert Memories
Here are the artists we have already enjoyed this season:
- January 8: Kate Kayaian  - solo cello sonatas
- January 22: Robert Simonds  - solo violin recital of pieces from the Baroque era, living American composers and American folk music
- January 29: Jerome Mouffe  - solo guitar featuring personal transcriptions of Isaac Albéniz and 19th century Italian composers
- February 5: The Craft String Quintet 
The Craft Ensemble is made up of Boston area musicians committed to bringing engaging chamber music to smaller venues all over New England. Active performers in many of the regions premier orchestras, opera and ballet companies, the Crafts are always delighted to play chamber music together. Past season's highlights have included Schubert's glorious Cello Quintet in C Major in Salem, Milford and Quincy, as well as playing for Benjamin Zander's Art of Interpretation class. This season the Crafts are thrilled to be performing Fanny Mendelssohn's delightful and seldom heard string quartet as well as more recently written works by other female composers.
- February 12: Steve Brew  - With performances across the Midwest, East Coast, and Spain, Guitarist Stephen Brew has effectively established himself as a performer of incredible ability. His program consists of works from Africa, Ireland, and Serbia, along with unique arrangements of American jazz standards.
2016 Summer Concerts on the Lawn
Last summer we had some great concerts out on the lawn - remember these?
- July 7: The Lenny Solomon Band
- July 14: Peter Kilpatrick
- July 21: Boston Road
- July 28: Paul Agnew with the John Capavella Quintet 
More Music From Library Performers
Look here for a list of CDs and concert DVDs  of artists who have performed at the Crane. Borrow them from the library and relive a performance you enjoyed or catch one that you missed!
Interviews with Library Performers
Often musicians who play at the library stop by before hand, talk about their music, and even play a little sample.