Current Size: 100%
- Starfall Education: practice letter sounds, listen to the sounds, read and listen to simple stories, practice your reading skills
- Foniks: learn how to read, write, spell and speak English with phonics and instant sound
- Stories by Stories Phonic Lessons: stories that are part of a contextual phonics program
Read Along Stories
- The Learning Edge: an online talking newspaper for adult literacy students
- News for You: talking newspaper written for adult new readers with lesson plan suggestions for tutors
- Marshall Reading Skills for Today's Adult: health and wellness stories that help adults become better readers and more informed consumers, parents, employees, citizens and community members
- Adult Education & Training in MA: Here you'll find information on schools and programs that offer continuing education, training, apprenticeship, and more.
- Test Prep Review: practice tests in many areas, including CDL and GED.
- SABES: Massachusetts hotline information about adult education classes
High School Equivalency Test
- MA GED Connection: Anyone living in Massachusetts has free access to 90 online/anytime educational videos that include GED, Pre-GED, and Workplace Essential Skills.
- GED Test Preparation:offers a bunch of review videos broken out by section for the GED test. The math in particular is very helpful.
- The HiSET Program: Get information about the new high school equivalency exam.
- Vocabulary.com: offers a way to improve your vocabulary. It combines an adaptive learning system (The Challenge) with the world’s fastest dictionary (The Dictionary) so that you can learn new vocabulary words.
- GFCLearn Free Reading Program: a program that is designed to help adults at all levels to become better readers
- Dictations: free interactive listening exercises to learn English
- Education.com: early reader games, activities and worksheets
- Mousing Around This tutorial will help you learn to use a mouse to interact with a computer.
- Connect-the-Dots A fun way to practice your mousing skills!
- Learn to Search the Web A self-paced tutorial in four lessons from SeniorNet.
- Surf the Web Includes Web-at-a-Glance, which introduces Web basics in a 10-minute tutorial.
- In Pictures Free computer tutorials based on pictures, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Access), OpenOffice, Dreamweaver, PhotoShop, and more.
- WebTutorials: online help learning the computer
- Literacy Volunteers of MA/Quincy Basic Computer Skills Blog, a blog designed so that you easily connect to a variety of websites and learn a little about email basics, web searching and also practice your typing and mouse skills.
- Neela's Tech Tools Here are some fun and useful tools for learning computer literacy.
- GCF Learn Free Free tutorials if you are new to the computer, returning for review, or want to enhance your skills. Free on-line classes for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Resources for Accessible Learning Materials
- National Center on Acessible Instructional Material: In order to support educators who may be interested in learning more about accessible computer applications, assessments, documents, e-book readers, e-learning systems, meeting software, multimedia, survey tools, and the web, they have begun developing a resources page that will grow richer over time.
- Functional Criteria for E-Book Accessibility
- DIAGRAM Center:The DIAGRAM Center has been established by the US Department of Education (Office of Special Education Programs) to make it easier, faster, and more cost effective to create and use accessible images so that students with print disabilities have timely access to the information they need.