Current Size: 100%
This is an online language learning service offering programs in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. Use your Thomas Crane Public Library card to log in.
- Continuing Education: information about adult education programs, certificates, exams
- Education.com: information about learning, schools, testing, standards
- Test Prep Review: practice tests in many areas, including CDL and GED.
- The Learning Edge: an online talking newspaper for adult literacy students
- News for You: talking newspaper written for adult new readers with lesson plan suggestions for tutors
- Starfall Education: practice letter sounds, listen to the sounds, read and listen to simple stories, practice your reading skills
- Dictations Online: dictations at various grade levels
- Foniks: listen to the pronunciation of words
- SABES: Massachusetts hotline information about adult education classes
- Goodwill Community Foundation: Online interactive activities and tutorials to improve the technology, literacy, and math skills necessary…to be successful in both work and life
- MA GED Connection: Anyone living in Massachusetts has free access to 90 online/anytime educational videos that include GED, Pre-GED, and Workplace Essential Skills.
- Mousing Around This tutorial will help you learn to use a mouse to interact with a computer.
- Connect-the-Dots A fun way to practice your mousing skills!
- Learn to Search the Web A self-paced tutorial in four lessons from SeniorNet.
- Surf the Web Includes Web-at-a-Glance, which introduces Web basics in a 10-minute tutorial.
- In Pictures Free computer tutorials based on pictures, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Access), OpenOffice, Dreamweaver, PhotoShop, and more.
- WebTutorials: online help learning the computer
- Literacy Volunteers of MA/Quincy Basic Computer Skills Blog, a blog designed so that you easily connect to a variety of websites and learn a little about email basics, web searching and also practice your typing and mouse skills.
- Neela's Tech Tools Here are some fun and useful tools for learning computer literacy.
- GCF Learn Free Free tutorials if you are new to the computer, returning for review, or want to enhance your skills. Free on-line classes for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Resources for Accessible Learning Materials
- National Center on Acessible Instructional Material: In order to support educators who may be interested in learning more about accessible computer applications, assessments, documents, e-book readers, e-learning systems, meeting software, multimedia, survey tools, and the web, they have begun developing a resources page that will grow richer over time.
- Functional Criteria for E-Book Accessibility
- DIAGRAM Center:The DIAGRAM Center has been established by the US Department of Education (Office of Special Education Programs) to make it easier, faster, and more cost effective to create and use accessible images so that students with print disabilities have timely access to the information they need.