Current Size: 100%
Find It: Business & Finance
|Business Insights: Essentials
Company profiles, financial data, investment reports, industry information, business periodicals, and more.
Business Collection provides coverage of all business disciplines, including accounting, economics, finance, marketing, management, and strategy, as well as business theory and practice.
|Global Issues in Context
Offers international viewpoints on a broad spectrum of global issues, topics, and current events.
|Business Economics & Theory Collection
With a strong emphasis on titles covered in the EconLit database, this collection provides academic journals and magazines focusing on topics in economics. Perfect for business classes, users will find hundreds of full-text journals to support their research.
|Insurance & Liability Collection
Protection of assets is a concern for all — from the individual property owner to the multinational corporation, all have a vested interest in ensuring the retention of their assets, be it physical or intellectual. This collection of journals takes a broad view of this multimillion dollar industry, covering such topics as labor relations, mortgage banking, legal issues, and more.
|Small Business Collection
Perfect for business schools and entrepreneurs, this compilation provides insights, tips, strategies, and success stories. Users will find hundreds of full-text subject-appropriate periodicals.
- Banker & Tradesman (real estate in MA)
- Banker & Tradesman (Norfolk County, Annual)
- Barrons (current year)
- Banker & Tradesman, Norfolk County, 2015 Annual Transfer AKA the Warren 2015 COMPreport (781 page pdf, 4.01 MB)
- Value Line Ratings & Reports
- Value Line Selection & Opinion
- Morningstar Investment Research Center: With a free Boston Public Library E-card you have access to this data-rich site for company, stock, mutual fund, ETF, and market information.
Recommended Web Resources
- Better Business Bureau: Eastern Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island and Vermont
Information about companies and charities to encourage wise purchases and a fair marketplace.
- Big Charts: Historical Quotes
This Historical Quotes tool allows you to look up a security's exact closing price.
- Boston Business Journal
A centralized, one-stop platform to make it easier for businesses to access services to help them grow and hire.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) provides a full listing of all federal programs available to state and local governments (including the District of Columbia); federally-recognized Indian tribal governments; territories (and possessions) of the United States; domestic public, quasi-public, and private profit and nonprofit organizations and institutions; specialized groups; and individuals.
- Central Registers
State, county, and municipal contracts being put out to bid in Massachusetts.
- Chamber of Commerce Directory (USA)
- Consumer Price Index
Search for business suppliers that includes 3.5 million companies worldwide.
- North American Industry Classification System
A listing of the new NAICS codes, with correspondence tables for NAICS to SIC (Standard Industrial classification) and SIC to NAICS.
- Small Business Administration
Provides a small business planner with information on writing a business plan, financing, licenses and permits, managing a business, and even getting out of business.
- Starting a Business in Quincy
A guide from the Quincy Chamber of Commerce.
- Thomas Register
Thomas Register's free online supplier/finder index of manufacturers. Access requires registration.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Free searchable databases of patents and trademarks, as well as information on the patent process.
- What is a Dollar Worth?
CPI and inflation rates with a cost of living calculator.