Current Size: 100%
Find It: Genealogy
|Ancestry Library Edition (in-library use only)
A wealth of information with over 4,000 databases and four billion names, and includes census data, maps, military, immigration, DAR records, slave stories, and more
|New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) (in-library use only)
The Thomas Crane Public Library's institutional NEHGS membership provides access to over 2,200 databases on the NEHGS Web site.The most popular databases include Massachusetts Vital Records (1841-1910), the New England Historical & Genealogical Register (1847-1994), cemetery transcripts and the Social Security Death Index.
|BPL's Obituary Database An index of obituaries that appeared in the Boston Evening Transcript (BET), Boston Globe (BG), and the Boston Herald/Herald American (BH). Currently, this database includes obituaries published between 1932 and 1941 and 1953 and 2010.|
- City of Quincy List of Adult Inhabitants (formerly Assessment of a Poll Tax), 1909 - date
- Quincy Annual Reports, 1889 - date
- Quincy City Directory, 1882 - 1967
- Sprague Collection: Genealogies of the Families of Braintree, Mass. (microfilm), 1640 - 1850
- South Suburban Blue Book, 1964 - date
- Massachusetts Soldiers and Sailors of the Revolutionary and Civil War
- Vital Records to 1850 for most Massachusetts towns
- Massachusetts Regimental histories
- New England Historical and Genealogical Register
- Mayflower Descendant
- Patriot Ledger (newspaper), 1837 - date
- Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet
A comprehensive, categorized & cross-referenced list of links that point you to genealogical research sites online.
- Ellis Island Port of New York Passenger Record Search
Search the 25 million archival records and over 900 ships of passage pictures in the Ellis Island Archives.
Free genealogy resources from around the world. Provided by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
- Find a Grave
Search 132 million grave records, including those of celebrities. May include photos.
- Massachusetts Cemetery Directory
A database of cemeteries by county and town that provides locations and map links.
- National Archives and Records Administration Genealogy Page
Finding aids to a variety of federal documents, including census, military, immigration, naturalization and land records.
- Researching Your Family's History at the Massachusetts Archives
Information about state records, including census, military and judicial records, passenger lists, and more. Search the Archives Vital Records.
- RootsWeb Genealogical Data Cooperative
Connect to people and share genealogical research. Features specialized mailing lists and community message boards.
- Social Security Death Index
Access is available through Family Search from 1962- 2014, or, all years, through the library's subscriptions to Ancestry.com and the New England Historical Genealogical Society's American Ancestors database.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Nationwide Gravesite Locator
Search for the records of veterans buried at 120 national cemeteries since the Civil War.
- The USGenWeb Project
Links to free genealogy websites by state and county.