Current Size: 100%
Find It: Taxes
During tax season, the library has the following federal and state tax publications:
- 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ forms (instructions may be found online)
- Massachusetts Form 1 (Resident Income Tax Return)
- Massachusetts Form 1-NR (Nonresident or Part-Year Resident Income Tax Return)
To get tax products elsewhere, please
- visit the IRS website or the Massachusetts Department of Revenue website to view and download them,
- visit this IRS website to order tax products to be delivered by mail,
- call 1-800-829-1040 (federal) or 1-800-392-6089 (state) to order tax products or get help,
- or visit an area IRS office. The closest IRS offices are in Boston or Brockton.
- Online Tax Software Reviews
Learn about tax software and compare software features and prices to choose a product that best fits your needs. Updated in 2015, the Reviews.com research team gathered a list of 19 online tax software and chose six leading products to review based on 67 features. (Not all of the listed software is free.)
- Special Guide to the Best Free Tax Software
Learn about the top federal free-file tax software options.
- QCAP: Quincy Community Action Programs
Quincy Community Action Programs provides low-income taxpayers of all ages with free tax counseling and tax return preparation. Free tax help is offered by appointment beginning in late January through mid April.
- Quincy Council on Aging
The Quincy Council on Aging provides free tax assistance for seniors in need. All tax assistants are trained volunteers. Only uncomplicated returns will be considered. This service is for Quincy residents only. Please call the Quincy Council on Aging at 617-376-1506 to schedule an appointment.