Current Size: 100%
Find It: Taxes
During tax season, the library has the following federal and state tax publications:
- 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ forms and instructions (instructions may also be found online)
- Massachusetts Form 1 (Resident Income Tax Return)
- Massachusetts Form 1-NR (Nonresident or Part-Year Resident Income Tax Return)
To get tax products elsewhere, please
- visit the IRS website or the Massachusetts Department of Revenue website to view and download them,
- visit this IRS website to order tax products to be delivered by mail,
- call 1-800-829-1040 (federal) or 1-800-392-6089 (state) to order tax products or get help,
- or visit an area IRS office. The closest IRS offices are in Boston or Brockton.
- Online Tax Software Reviews
Learn about tax software and compare software features and prices to choose a product that best fits your needs. Updated in 2015, the Reviews.com research team gathered a list of 19 online tax software and chose six leading products to review based on 67 features. (Not all of the listed software is free.)
- Special Guide to the Best Free Tax Software
Learn about the top federal free-file tax software options.
- IRS Identity Protection: Prevention, Detection and Victim Assistance
Tax-related identity theft occurs when someone uses your Social Security number to file a tax return claiming a fraudulent refund. If you become a victim, the IRS is committed to helping citizens resolve their case as quickly as possible.
- IRS Payment Options
Pay online, by phone or using your mobile device and get instant confirmation that your payment has been submitted.
- IRS Refund Status
When the IRS processes a tax return and approves a refund, you can see your actual personalized refund date.
- Tax Scams and Consumer Alerts
In recent years, thousands of people have lost millions of dollars and their personal information to tax scams and fake IRS communication.
- QCAP: Quincy Community Action Programs
Quincy Community Action Programs, 1509 Hancock Street, 3rd Floor, provides low-income taxpayers of all ages with free tax counseling and tax return preparation. Free tax help is offered by appointment beginning in late January through mid April. Call 617-657-5345 for more information or to make an appointment.
- Quincy Council on Aging
The Kennedy Center Council on Aging at 440 E. Squantum St. provides free tax assistance for seniors in need. All tax assistants are trained volunteers. Only uncomplicated returns will be considered. This service is for Quincy residents only. Please call the Quincy Council on Aging at 617-376-1506 to schedule an appointment.