Children's Services are for children from birth through 7th grade, their caregivers, teachers, and members of the general public interested in children's literature.
Children's materials span a wide range and include items that promote early literacy skills for the youngest children, beginning readers for early elementary kids, and chapter books for older elementary and tween readers. We also have resources for parents and teachers and for homework help, and world language books.
The Main Library Children's Room has computers for children 12 and under and two Early Literacy educational computers for children ages 2-8.
- No late fees on items owned by the Thomas Crane Public Library
- Children 9 and under must be supervised by someone over 14
- Children 4 and under must be within sight of a caregiver
- Caregivers must stay in the building during storytimes and events
- Please see our full Safe Child Policy and Tips for Visitors