Current Size: 100%
Jobs at the Library
Join Our Team
The Thomas Crane Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
All regular full-time and part-time employees of the library (except for the Library Director, Assistant Director, and seasonal employees) are represented by the Quincy Library Staff Association, MLSA, Local 4928, MFT, AFT, AFL-CIO.
Adult Services Librarian – Teen/Young Adult Specialist
An Adult Services Librarian - Teen/Young Adult Specialist may work at the Main Library or branch locations performing a wide variety of information, reference and reader’s advisory services; developing and conducting programs; instructing customers in the use of library resources and technology; and assisting with collection development, all with a special focus on teen and young adult populations. See full job description for complete list of principal duties.
See full job description for complete list of required and preferred qualifications.
- M.L.S. from an ALA-accredited library school with coursework in teen/young adult literature and services required
- Minimum one year of experience providing customer service and/or instructional or outreach services to the general public required
- Must have experience working directly with teens, and a demonstrated interest in and affinity with teen and young adult audiences
- Must have current working knowledge of PCs in a Windows environment, library applications, and library automation systems, and be able to use online Internet searching methods and information resources
- Experience in public speaking and formal writing skills are highly desired, as is fluency in a foreign language (particularly Chinese)
Full-time twelve-month schedule of 35 hours per week will include two evening shifts (1-9 p.m.) per week and two Saturday shifts per month.
Salary & Benefits:
Professional Librarian II, Range 3; Salary $45,637-$55,525 plus hourly differential pay for evenings and weekends. Benefit package includes paid vacation and sick leave, and health and dental insurance.
Closing Date: 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 29, 2014. To apply, send cover letter and resume to Jim Jaquette at email@example.com.