Join Our Team
The Thomas Crane Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
All regular full-time and part-time employees of the library (except for the library director, assistant director, and seasonal employees) are represented by the Quincy Library Staff Association, MLSA, Local 4928, MFT, AFT, AFL-CIO.
Find out why Quincy is a great place to live and work.
Full-Time Paraprofessional III; Hourly Rate: $20.49 to $26.49 (in six steps) plus shift differential and educational premium for associate’s or bachelor’s degree; full benefits package
The Safety Officer helps ensure a safe, secure and welcoming experience for Library visitors and staff. Within the framework of established Library policies, procedures, and values: proactively monitors Library facilities, assists visitors and staff, and responds sensitively and appropriately to policy violations, including inappropriate visitor behavior; communicates effectively with visitors, staff, first responders, and community partners; and protects the Library’s physical materials, furniture, equipment, and premises.
- High School diploma or equivalency required
- Undergraduate coursework in criminal justice, sociology or related fields strongly preferred
- At least one year of full-time or part-time equivalent experience in public safety, public service security, and/or law enforcement with significant public contact
- Positive customer service attitude, professional demeanor, and the ability to be friendly, courteous and tactful with a diverse population
- Working knowledge of common office computer applications and the ability to learn new applications such as security camera and door access systems
- Must pass a criminal records check
40 hour work week; Schedule: Mondays to Thursdays 9-5 and Fridays and Saturdays 9:30-5:30, with week day off to alternate each month.
For complete list of duties and qualifications, please see the full job description.
Please fill out a City of Quincy employment application. You must print and sign the form and return it along with a resume to: City of Quincy, Attn: Human Resources, 1305 Hancock St., Quincy MA 02169.
You may also submit a scan of the completed application with a digital resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.