English Talk Time Program
The library has free ESOL conversation groups for high-beginner to advanced level English speakers who want to practice their English. Our classes are led by trained volunteers. Classes are currently meeting online using Zoom and Google Meet. Practice your English from the comfort of your home.
Being a part of our English Talk Time program will help you:
- Practice and improve your English.
- Increase your confidence.
- Become more familiar with and feel a stronger connection to your community.
- Learn about other library services.
- Make new friends!
Most English Talk Time classes meet once a week for 90 minutes. Some evening classes meet for 60 minutes (1 hour).
We have three 10-week sessions each year:
- Fall session (beginning in September)
- Winter session (beginning in January)
- Spring session (beginning in April)
Please complete a pre-registration form. Someone will contact you by phone or email after you submit your form. If you prefer to speak with someone by phone, please call our office at 617-376-1314.
Would you like to:
- Work with people from other cultures and countries?
- Help limited English speakers connect with their new community?
- Learn techniques and activities to help adults speak English more fluently?
If your answers are YES, consider becoming a volunteer Talk Time facilitator. Talk Time is not an English class; it is an opportunity for adults learning English to practice what they already know. Volunteers work and train with an experienced ESOL specialist and then facilitate their own Talk Time group at a time and place convenient for them. For more information, please email email@example.com or call 617-376-1300 x5.