Local History & Genealogy
The purpose of the Local History Collection is to collect and preserve documents and other materials which relate to the history of the City of Quincy and the surrounding area and to provide access to these resources for all patrons and researchers. The Thomas Crane Public Library is dedicated to preserving these resources for future generations.
Accessing the Collection
The Local History & Genealogy Collections are located on the 2nd floor.
Housed in the Quincy Room, our Local History Collection includes materials which relate to the history of the City of Quincy and the surrounding region. To locate materials, search the catalog or ask at Information Services.
Guidelines for Use
- Genealogy & Local History materials do not circulate.
- Local History materials may be requested at Information Services on the 2nd floor.
- A photo ID will be held while materials are being used.
- Researchers sit at a table designated for Local History research use only.
- Photocopying is allowed at the discretion of the Local History librarian or librarian on duty.
- Research assistance must be scheduled in advance of visit.
- Research Assistance: Submit the Local History & Genealogy Research Request form
- For a copy of death notice or obituary appearing in the Patriot Ledger or Quincy Sun: Submit the Obituary Request form
For assistance or to make a donation, contact the Local History Librarian at 617-376-1328 or firstname.lastname@example.org.